Celebrating New Year’s Eve can be a bittersweet experience for many divorcing couples. While your family and friends are planning parties and thinking about their New Year’s resolutions, you’re still trying to negotiate a fair divorce settlement agreement. It’s completely understandable to feel sad and even angry about the end of your marriage, especially when the rest of the world seems so happy and hopeful. However, you can deal with these emotions in a healthy way by setting personal divorce goals and resolutions.
Making a resolution can be the start of a proactive plan! The Fresno divorce attorneys at Arnold Law Group, APC have compiled this list of New Year’s resolution ideas to help you get through your divorce:
- Aim for a peaceful post-divorce transition
- Get your finances in order
- Update (or create) your estate plan
- Decide what concessions you’re willing to make
- Stop badmouthing your spouse (especially in front of your kids)
- Be aware of your how your words and actions affect others
- Don’t give up on love
- Be patient with your children and acknowledge their feelings
- Spend more time with your children
- Plan ways to be a good co-parent
- Accumulate experiences, not things
- Be kind to yourself and accountable for your own happiness
- Make new friends and build a strong support network
- Invent new holiday traditions
- Make a list of possible hobbies or experiences you want to explore
- Finish your divorce this year
Your divorce case can easily become an expensive and high-conflict endeavor if you focus on your negative feelings instead of looking toward the future. By vowing to make positive life and behavioral changes, you can successfully finalize your divorce and start the next chapter of your life.
Need Divorce Representation? Call Today
There’s a reason January is the most popular season to file for divorce. Most spouses try to wait until the holiday season is over to make sure their children have a happy Christmas and New Year’s Eve. But the divorce process is rarely a quick and simple legal process, and many separating spouses have no choice but to navigate the season while their divorce is in progress. Fortunately, you don’t have to go through this difficult experience alone. If you’re ready to file for divorce or are struggling to complete this emotionally challenging legal process, contact the Fresno divorce lawyers at Arnold Law Group, APC We can negotiate or litigate on your behalf to ensure that you’re awarded a fair divorce settlement agreement.
Call Arnold Law Group, APC at (559) 900-1263 to schedule your free consultation.