Skip to Content
Call Us Today! 559-900-1263

Tell us about your case, and we will tell you how we can help!

Post-Divorce Modification Attorneys in Fresno

Divorce is never fun, and when the process is finally completed, most people are greatly relieved that it is over. However, when children, child support, and spousal support are involved, it may not be truly over for years to come. Either spouse may petition the court for a post-divorce modification of child custodyvisitation, or child support at any time. Spousal support modifications can also be sought in most cases.

Our clients are our first priority. Call our firm at (559) 900-1263 to discuss the possibility of modifying your court order.

What Is Required for a Modification to be Approved?

Modifications require court approval and it is recommended that you seek counsel from an attorney if you are seeking or contesting a modification. Our lawyers at the Arnold Law Group, APC, are dedicated legal professionals with more than three decades of combined legal experience. We work together to assess each case and to build a strategy that can bring about the best possible results.

We take the time to:

  • Listen to our clients
  • Employ our professional resources
  • Gather information

The purpose of the attention we provide is to accomplish the objective of the individual we represent. Through our caring and assertive representation, our firm has earned a reputation for excellence and we have thousands of satisfied clients.

Modifying Child Custody & Child Support

A parent seeking modification of child custody orders after a divorce is finalized must show that there has been a significant change in circumstances and that the proposed modification is in the child's best interests. If the requested change is in visitation alone and not child custody, it is generally unnecessary to show a significant change in circumstances. The petitioning parent would only need to demonstrate to the court that the change in visitation is in the best interests of the child. Our Fresno child custody attorney can assist during this process.

Custody may be modified for a number of reasons:

  • Drug or alcohol abuse
  • Physical or emotional abuse
  • Change in residence of one of the parents
  • One parent not spending the court-ordered time with child

Whenever the income of either parent increases or decreases significantly, or the time either parent spends with the child increases or decreases, a parent can petition the court for a modification of child support, but this change must be substantial.

Can Property Division Orders be Modified?

Except under certain circumstances, it is unusual for property division orders to be modified, unless the divorce agreement allows for such a modification. It is critical that you seek the advice of an experienced lawyer if you are petitioning for or contesting the modification request. Our Fresno mediation lawyer can protect your rights and interests and aggressively pursue the best possible outcome in your post-divorce modification matter.

Schedule your initial consultation by calling us at (559) 900-1263 or filling out our online form.

Ready to Get Started? Contact Us for a Consultation